Child Support amount in Thailand
There are various concerns attached to having a divorce in Thailand, things that do not just involve the divorcing couple but their children as well. One of the main issues in a divorce process is child support. Similar with other foreign countries, child support is required under Thai law. This issue should be resolved prior to having the divorce granted.
Before determining the amount of child support to be paid, there are various factors to be considered and as to which parent will have to pay the child support. As for the children involved, these are the usual factors that are taken into consideration:
- Age of the children
- The younger the children are, the longer it is that the child support has to be paid.
- Parents are obliged to support their children until the time they reach the legal age, which is 20 years old in Thailand;
- Health of the children
- For children with special health conditions, a more substantial financial support is required;
- Normal lifestyle that the children are used to
- If a child is accustomed to a certain way of life, hence this must be provided.
- (Children should be spared from having a drastic lifestyle shift as this would result to trauma and other psychological problems);
- Other needs of the children
- This refers to mentally-challenged children who require a form of special education which is different from the normal children.
There are also several factors that would determine as to which parent should pay the child support. It is also possible that the court will decide that both parents provide child support. Always speak to an attorney about this prior to your divorce in Thailand as well as father rights in Thailand. Here are some factors which determine how much each of the parents shall pay for child support:
- Current financial capability of each parent;
- Age of each parent;
- Future financial capability in terms of earnings, education and work experience of each parent would be put into consideration;
- Health status of each parent;
- Other relevant issues, including past and future financial responsibilities such as loans or mortgages payable by each parent;
Settlement regarding child support may be drafted as part of the divorce agreement in Thailand, which will be submitted to the local district office together at the time of the divorce, mutual or contested.
https://www.thailandmuslimmarriage.com/child-support-amount-in-thailand.htmlhttps://www.thailandmuslimmarriage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/business-visa-1024x683.jpeghttps://www.thailandmuslimmarriage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/business-visa-150x150.jpegFamily Lawfamily lawThere are various concerns attached to having a divorce in Thailand, things that do not just involve the divorcing couple but their children as well. One of the main issues in a divorce process is child support. Similar with other foreign countries, child support is required under Thai law....admin07 AdministratorMuslim Marriage